Both Outlook Express and Outlook are top-notch email clients but use different formats to store contacts. Outlook Express is inbuilt in Internet Explorer from v4.0 to v6.0 and Windows 98/ 2000/ XP. On the other hand, MS Outlook is a part of the MS Office suite and also comes as a separate application.
Outlook Express uses the .wab format i.e., Windows Address Book. MS Outlook, on the other hand, makes use of the .pst file to store all of its contact lists. A PST file is created by only one platform and that is Outlook. Hence, it is not compatible with Express and there are no such manual methods that make this conversion possible.
Due to these reasons, the transition of contacts from one application to another is much more complex than it seems.
How to Convert Outlook Contacts to WAB?
WAB is an abbreviation for Windows Address Book. It helps the users to maintain a single document file that can be accessed by multiple programs. Since contacts are vital for any organization, so their migration needs extra care to not affect even a single attribute. Outlook accepts and exports only two file formats and they are .csv and .pst. But unfortunately, Express does not accept these formats at all. Therefore, a third-party application is required to convert Outlook contacts to WAB. After having researched enough on this topic, we highly recommend PCVITA Outlook to vCard converter software. It can convert Outlook contacts to VCF file, WAB, and many other formats.
- This software provided by PCVITA is enriched with several features such as:
- Converts multiple contacts to WAB format in a single attempt
- Capable of exporting contacts into nine file formats
- Preserves all attributes and fields of the contacts.
- Can convert corrupted, orphaned, password-protected files.
- Does not require the installation of MS Outlook on your system.
- Supports Outlook 2019, 2016, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, etc.
- Maintains data integrity and the hierarchy of contact files.
Steps to Convert Outlook Contacts to WAB
- Download and install PCVITA Outlook to vCard converter software. Add PST files or folders to it.
- After adding, this tool will quickly scan them for any error or corruption. Once the scanning is done, it adds the loaded files in the software.
- Next, it will provide you a preview of all those contacts. Here, you can view all details of each field. Then, select the contacts that you wish to convert. If you wish to convert only a few selective contacts, then click on the Export Selected button.
- In the next window, choose WAB as your export file format. Provide a destination location in your system to save this file and click on the Export button to begin the process.
Now, you can easily send this new WAB file to your Outlook Express account.
In this blog, we have explained the method to convert Outlook contacts to WAB format. This is done so that you can send your Outlook PST contacts to Outlook Express WAB contacts. The software that we mentioned is the most efficient utility and provides accurate as well as perfect results within a few clicks.